2012 – 2013 Museum Field Notes
Ketchum Sun Valley Historical Society
What are the appropriate grade levels:
4 and 5
Is there a limit to the number of participants:
Is there an opportunity for community service:
Yes – 2 hours per month
Is this a new or existing project:
This is a new project.
Estimated project cost:
- Students will learn about their community and local history.
- Students will learn the process of writing, drafting, editing and publishing.
- Students will learn about timelines and starting a project and seeing it through final production
and put out into the community.
- The community will learn about the children in our community and the work they are doing to
teach people about our local history and place in the United States.
- Students will learn their voice and participation has a place in the greater community.
- Students will help their peers learn about our community.
- Students will learn about generosity through education and the cost of education.
Click on image for larger view