What are the appropriate grade levels?
Kindergarten through 7th
Is there a limit to the number of participants?
Is there an opportunity for community service?
Yes – Students will earn approximately 5 community service hours
The goal of Howl’s Kitchen is to help raise awareness that there are a number of people who need help feeding their pets. In 2015, over 600 bags of pet food were distributed to pet owners in need. The funds raised by students participating in this program will be distributed to Paws for Hungers, Pets for Life, and shelter pets with special needs diets.
Students who participate in this project are encouraged to help the pet food bank by any of the following ideas or creating their own:
- Holding a pet food drive
- Holding a bake sale
- Hosting a spaghetti or pancake feed
- Hosting a movie night showing Homeward Bound
Class Visits & Field Trips
- 1 class visit to discuss the project and the programs it benefits
- 1 class visit to work on the progress of the project
- 1 field trip at the culmination of the project to deliver food and take a tour of the shelter
Click on image for larger view