PR for Pets
Animal Shelter of the Wood River Valley
What are the appropriate grade levels:
K through 7
Is there a limit to the number of participants:
Is there an opportunity for community service:
Yes – Students will earn approximately 5 community service hours
In PR for Pets, students will help the shelter by promoting our adoptable animals, special events and the many services we provide the community! You’re never too young to help spread the word and put your creative talents to work!
After learning about our animals, services and special events, students will be given the choice of creating a media campaign around their chosen animal(s), event or service. Thank you for submitting only final, edited projects upon completion of the campaign!
Campaigns can consist of creating:
- “Adopt Me” posters and signs to hang in windows of local businesses
- “Pet of the Week” ad for the local paper
- Instagram/Facebook “takeover” photos.
- Posters to promote special events
- Public awareness campaign promoting the importance of Pet Tags
Class Visits & Field Trips
- 1 class visit to discuss project and timeline
- 1 class visit to work on progress of project
- 1 field trip at the culmination of the project to put up posters and take a tour
Click on image for larger view