Promoting Music from the Hart
Music from the Hart
What are the appropriate grade levels:
Grant Project by Sage School
Is there a limit to the number of participants:
Is there an opportunity for community service:
Is this a new or existing project:
- Experience and better understand how music therapy works.
- Increase awareness about music therapy through print, video, and an improved online presence.
- Facilitate access to music therapy.
- Provide more materials/instruments for music therapy.
We would like to create a project that helps the non-profit Music from the Hart, a somewhat new nonprofit that works with the disabled through music therapy. We intend to make a promotional video for Music from the Hart. We plan make promotional posters, and potentially publish an article and/or an advertisement in The Mountain Express to raise awareness about the services of this non-profit. We will help it Music from the Hart started and hopefully bring Music from the Hart and Higher Ground together to work on future projects.
Benefit to Blaine County:
- Give a musical option for people going through anxiety and depression.
- Emotional support through music.
- Awareness of another form of therapy that could help various members of Blaine County.
- A artistic/not so physical therapy for Higher Ground clients.
By advertizing Music from the Hart we will be giving the residents of Blaine County a new way to access therapeutic care to deal with anything ranging from depression to traumatic injuries. It will give Higher Ground client’s a new artistic/non physical opportunity, this could allow people with more significant disabilities to participate in fun activities. According to National Health Statistic Reports from the CDC, 62.2% of patients in Hospice use musical therapy and it proves to be very effective. This is just one of its many applications.
As a group, we do service together every Thursday afternoon for two hours. Filming, editing, designing, compiling, writing, and interviewing will take place during those times, and presumably outside of that times as well. As a group of 7 students spending at least 2 hours per week on this project, we would like to be finished by early May.
Click on image for larger view