Paws for Hunger
Animal Shelter of the Wood River Valley
What are the appropriate grade levels:
K through 12
Is there a limit to the number of participants:
Is there an opportunity for community service:
Yes – Students will earn approximately 5 community service hours
The goal of the Paws for Hunger project is to help raise awareness of the need in the community for people who need help feeding their pets. So far in 2014, nearly 600 bags of pet food have been distributed to pet owners in need.
Students who participate in this project are encouraged to help the pet food bank by any of the
- Holding a pet food drive
- Having a bake sale
- Hosting a spaghetti or pancake feed
- Hosting a movie night and showing Homeward Bound
Class Visits & Field Trips
- 1 class visit to discuss the project.
- 1 class visit to see how project is going.
- 1 field trip at the culmination of the project to deliver food.